Monday, October 19, 2009

VATUSA1's Response:

*Name removal was requested, and I did so.

I'm really glad that you responded to some very valid questions. Some of them are somewhat biased, but that's the way things go. VATSIM members should be entitled to have all of their questions addressed and if this medium that allows people to get those questions answered, regardless of their source, it has served its purpose. Thank you again.


Here's your response... I said that those were the 4 main ideas that would drive the decision making process. In other words when we adopt or revise a policy, how does the policy affect each of those 4 items?

to address a few other items:
ATD's: - I really am not cutting that position, period. NO ONE has even suggested it.

ZLA - that version represents less than 1/2 of the conversation that was had about that and left out the part that one of the big reasons that high density ARTCCs have had training & cert times go up is due to the loss of peak/off peak. This is being looked at to find some sort of solution to an awful mess. So until we find a solution to that problem, what choice is there?

ZME - Absoultely we violated the GRP. It was not intentional, but we did, and once this was brought to my attention on March 28th, 2009, it was promptly changed. If you are interested what we were doing was splitting up DEL, GND and TWR training into separate parts and certifying guys so they could get online sooner, pretty much what GRP2 will do.

VATUSA2 - No less than 15 people were consulted on that issue, and the consensus was that there was no reason to put another person between the DD and ATDs; the ATDs of VATUSA are de facto Deputy Directors, and are afforded the latitude and authority to act as such.

ZMA - Might want to check the facts on that one. ZMA is, in fact, planning their own event, we are not involved unless they ask us to be.

Rob & the Website - Sorry, Rob did not give me the ideas, he singlehandedly designed the user interface, and did a great job. I did the backend coding, but what you actually see there is all his creation.

Letting people do their jobs: You'll have to ask those around me about how I handle that.

So there ya go. All in writing. Have a great day and look forward to seeing you in the virtual skies or on the scopes. Come see me sometime and talk to me, or send me an email, I'll put my thoughts in writing gladly. There's nothing to hide, no nuclear secrets, and all opinions are welcome, even those who are not happy with the way things are handled. Please do not feel as though it is necessary to be Anonymous on a blog comment, no one is going to hold it against you for having a differing view. I only ask that we treat each other with respect and courtesy.

8 comments:

  1. I have been silent long enough. I too was involved in those conversations Andrew and you have outright lied here. Privately it had been discussed and more or less decided that after the first of the year, the ATD positions would be no more. IT WAS SUGGESTED and STRONGLY, PERIOD. What you are doing is eliminating the ATD positions the way they should be. And that is when one leaves, don't replace the person. I will keep my opinion as to why you are not filling the VATUSA2 position. I have read these anonymous posts. I have received several emails asking me if I was one of the ones making them. My response always has been: "When I make a post I will sign my name to it". And I finally have had enough. Andrew, personally I have absolutely nothing against you. The disagreements we had as ATM's were talked out and taken care of. Having said that, We can only go on what you have done in the past and to be honest, other than the computer side of things, that has not been much. There is one big exception though. I have been involved in many behind the scene and behind Alex's back conversations with you and You say two different things. You DID do that several times as ATM. To the point you would not get on Teamspeak because you might slip and say something to reveal you true feelings. Everything had to be in writing with you so you would be able to read and make sure what you stated was consistent. THAT was told to me at the time by VATUSA staff. You will say what you think others want to hear. But in those behind the back talks, you let slip what you really thought. Not only about Alex but policies. This blog post of yours shows you have deviated back to the sugar coating crap from previous Directors. Rob and I are the only ones who have told Alex the truth about what went on. This kind of crap is what has caused health problems for Robert and me to walk away. Listening to the recordings of our conversations, I can not believe WE said those things. Do you remember some of what you and even Mike said when I would defend Alex against some of the crap that you all were saying when we would either go to Robert's private teamspeak or the one you had set up? I do. I have listened to them. Remember some of those PM's that went back and forth among us all even at times Alex was talking to us on VATUSA Teamspeak? Yeah you do. A few times someone would say things on Teamspeak thinking they were whispering. I would then get a whisper from Alex asking me what was up with you all. Think Alex didn't notice the leaving teamspeak when He would show up Andrew? Well, he did Alex asked why we went to the other two teamspeak sites? Sometimes even making it obvious by doing it within seconds of him showing up. Leaving me to answer his why's I have never really answered that question. The total truth was to get away from him AND VATUSA members so we could gossip and second guess everything he was doing. I will defend you when you are right Andrew but I will not allow you to spout total crap as you have here. The baiting of Bruce (among others) to get information, I could go on and on. I have walked away from vatsim because of what happened. I just hope other good people are not driven away. People speculated as to why I quit. After reading this they will have a good idea.

    I did not know how to post to this correctly but I have signed my name so there is no doubt I am the one who posted this.

    Alan Hensley

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband's health is not conversation fodder for this or any other forum. I can assure you that it has nothing to do with Vatsim. It is a private matter and in the future Alan, I would appreciate you or anyone refraining from sharing personal information about my husband either in public or in private.

    As such, I will sign *my name.

    Lisa Prescott

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I did was state what is publicly known. By Robert's own conversations to others. I did not get into any private issues. It was ONE sentence of fact and not conversation fodder Mrs. Prescott. I did not reveal anything of a private nature, period. That is no ones business.

    Alan Hensley

    Alan Hensley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh old man someones health is of a private nature, don't know what planet you are living on, I shared very little details with anyone, 3 in total.......You who I thought was friend, Mike Hodge and Andrew. Now for the life me how is that "public knowledge". I always thought that you were a bit self-righteous, but this seals it. I would appreciate you; to be perfectly blunt to keep your mouth shut, it is quiet evident for someone who claims "is done with VATSIM" should shut their mouth. Your soapbox is getting a little old. Your crisis of concious seems to be awfully convenient. Your bending over backwards to right your percieved wrongs to Alex, yet you seem to have no difficulty in justifying divulging personal information that I shared with you as a friend in a public forum.

    Robert Prescott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look Robert, of all people. You should be the one to learn to shut your mouth. This is the first time I have spoken on Bo's blog. And unless you change your holier than thou tone it won't be the last. Again all I said was a one sentence thing about your health. Of all things I sure didn't believe that would what upset you. For that I do apologize. All you have done is call everyone's attention to it. No one even paid it any attention until you all brought it up. Again, for making a general statement I apologize. If you want to call the kettle black so to speak we can go there. As far as people shutting their mouths that is something you as a VATUSA Staff member should have learned to do along time ago. I did not got into the details of your involvement Robert. But I can. In fact, I tried to not make you look bad because at least the other night you did admit it to Alex finally. Shut my mouth?? My dear friend who loves to talk about everyone, including me when we leave the TS channel, that is something you should have learned a long time ago. As for me, I am just getting started........ I am not sorry for telling the truth. I am just sorry I am just now doing it. This mess is not about YOU, or your health issues. It is about being a hyprocrite and a liar. I was responding to Andrew's garbage. I have now apologized for innocently mentioning your health. So you can drop it. What I won't apologize for is telling the truth. I should have done it at the time. Heck, what I should have done is called a meeting with Bryan, Alex and all of you and let brought all this out. Instead of stooping to the gutter where you all were and agreeing and running my mouth too, I should have flushed it. The members of VATUSA entrusted all of us to lead them. You need to heed your own advice. I was not on a soapbox but I am now. You can call me all the names you want. I will just consider the source and like everyone else know who it is saying it. In emails I have been cussed at by you and called hateful by Andrew. For what? Telling the truth. I only scratched the surface. I meant you no harm in making a general statement about your heath that no one noticed until you all said something. And no, your not feeling well has been common knowledge. You are the one who has said it. Your not remembering is not my problem. I am not the only one who got emails wondering why you were not around sometimes. For those inquiries to be made someone had to have said something. Trouble is, you all are such habitial liars it is hard to remember those lies and who is sayng what. You have been reduced to name calling because that is all the ammo you have. You can take your idle threats and stuff them. You know where I live. I am easy to find. Andrew can easily help you with that.

    AH

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure show your maturity. Unfourtauntly, it does not correlate with your age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I must admit I have been on the outside of much of this situation, Alan's comments do make alot of sense. I have had VATUSA staff at times tell me one thing one day, and criticize me the next for discussing the same topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ZMA response is simply not true...

    ReplyDelete